B-1 business visas serve as non-immigrant visas for individuals intending to visit the U.S. for short-term business-related activities, excluding employment for a U.S. source. Typically, B-1 business visas cater to individuals aiming to:
- Engage in consultations with colleagues or associates
- Participate or present at specific professional or scientific conferences
- Conduct scientific research
- Settle an estate
- Negotiate contracts
- Survey potential business sites
- Undergo short-term professional or vocational training.
For those seeking a B-1 business visa, it’s recommended by the USCIS to apply:
- At least 60 days prior to the intended travel date
- At least 90 days in advance if attending a scientific conference or possessing a scientific background.
It’s noteworthy that B-1 business visas:
- Are not restricted by the USCIS
- Do not have a dependent visa category, making it unsuitable for family accompaniment during business activities.
Initiating the B-1 Business Visa Application
To commence the B-1 business visa process, applicants must submit a Form I-94 to the USCIS. Given the intricacies of this form and the associated process, it’s beneficial to collaborate with a seasoned immigration attorney for a streamlined visa approval journey.
Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyer at Hanlon Law Group
At Hanlon Law Group, P.C., the Los Angeles immigration attorney boasts over 15 years of expertise in diverse immigration cases, ranging from rudimentary applications to intricate federal court litigations. Our firm integrates cutting-edge technology to ensure efficient service delivery, coupled with a personalized touch. This guarantees swift case progression and the assurance that your queries will be addressed promptly and transparently.
To delve deeper into our citizenship, immigration, and deportation defense services, reach out to our Los Angeles immigration attorney today at (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or drop us an email using the form on the top right. Our Pasadena office caters to clients across Los Angeles, throughout California, and globally.
Benefit from our complimentary, confidential initial consultations to gain expert insights into your immigration requirements. We also offer multilingual immigration services in languages like Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog, and Fukienese.