Los Angeles EB-5 Investor Visa Attorney
Investor visas are granted to immigrant investors who intend to develop new commercial opportunities in the U.S. to benefit the American economy via the job creation. Investor visas are also referred to as immigrant entrepreneur visas or EB-5 visas. Each year, just over 7 percent of all employment-based visas issued are granted to immigrant entrepreneurs.
If you are seeking permanent residency status through the EB-5 investor visa program, you should be aware that the investor green card process is more complex than simply sending in money.
A Los Angeles immigration lawyer at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. can answer all of your questions about the EB-5 investor program and other immigration matters. No matter where you are in the world, we are ready to provide you with:
• Clear answers about investor visas and the treaty trader regulations that may apply to your case
• Experienced, cost-effective representation to resolve your immigration needs.
Simply call (800) 976-5675 or email our firm to set up a free, confidential consultation and get the information you need. Our attorneys are ready to put their experience and skills to work helping you.
Qualifications for Investor Visas
To qualify as an immigrant investor, applicants must invest at least:
• $1,000,000 (U.S.) in a qualifying business or commercial enterprise without borrowing money
• $500,000 (U.S.) in a qualifying business or commercial enterprise located in a rural area or in an area with high unemployment rates (i.e., a “targeted area” in the eyes of the USCIS) without borrowing money.
Additionally, applicants for investor visas will have to prove that their investment successfully created at least 10 new jobs for U.S. citizens or anyone authorized to work within the U.S. within two years of the investment. The 10 new jobs cannot be for the investor himself or his spouse and/or children.
The investment to qualify for an EB-5 visa can be made in either of the following ways:
• Direct investment, which involves putting the minimum amount of funds directly into a U.S. business operation
• Regional investment, which involves putting the funds into a preapproved regional center area. With a regional investment, the investor does not need to show that the company will directly create jobs for 10 U.S. workers. That’s because the regional center has been preapproved, based on the business model, establishing that the investment will indirectly create at least 10 U.S. jobs.
Every year, the U.S. government is authorized to grant up to 10,000 EB-5 immigrant visas to individuals who intend to make a qualifying investment. Under the law, half of these (i.e., up to 5,000 investor visas) can be issued to immigrant investors making qualifying regional investments.
Investor Visa Categories: Types of Investor Visas
The EB-5 investor visa program includes four specific categories of investment visas, including:
- C5 visas for job creation outside of a targeted area
- T5 visas for job creation within targeted areas (i.e., rural areas or areas with high unemployment rates)
- R5 visas for investor pilot programs outside of a targeted area
- I5 visas for investor pilot programs within a targeted area.
Applying for an Immigrant Entrepreneur Visa: How to Start an Investor Visa Application
Applying for an investor visa starts with Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur. This form must be completely and appropriately filled out and filed with the USCIS, along with the required filing fee (which is $3,675 as of December 2016).
Because this form, as well as the process associated with obtaining an investor visa, is usually very involved and complicated, applicants should work with an experienced immigration lawyer for the best chances of:
- Expediting the visa approval process
- Avoiding any oversights that could delay an approval or result in a denial.
Related Immigration Services for Immigrant Investors
In addition to providing EB-5 investor services, our attorneys offer a range of related services, including (but not limited to) assistance with:
- E-1 and E-2 Visas (for Treaty Traders)
- H-1B Visas (for Skilled Professionals)
- L-1A Visas (for Multinational Executives and Managers)
The attorneys at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. have a long-standing record of success in helping investors secure the right investment visa. Our clients – both individuals and corporate clients – can tap directly into our system to check on the petition status of an individual investor visa or applications for any number of employees.
Contact a Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer at Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
A Los Angeles immigration lawyer at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. is ready to meet with you, discuss your situation, and help you secure the immigration status change you are seeking.
Our attorneys bring more than two decades of experience to every case, and they use state-of-the art technology to deliver the highest-quality immigration services and representation. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.
Call (800) 976-5675 or email us via the contact form on this page to learn more about our experience and services, as well as how we can help you. In addition to providing free, confidential initial consultations, we are proud to offer:
• Responsive, personal service
• Legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese
• Flexible payment options.
From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and around the world.
Contact the Experienced Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers at Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
A trusted Los Angeles immigration attorney at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. is waiting to speak to you, find out more about your immigration needs and explain your options. Having handled countless professional visa applications for foreign professionals and U.S. employers, our lawyers have the experience and insight you can count on for exceptional service and representation.
Our experience, skills and dedication to our clients are backed by the following, which all of our clients can expect to receive:
Call (866) 227-5527 or email us via the contact form to learn more about our experience and services, as well as how we can help you.