Every year, thousands of legal immigrants in the United States apply for visas to reunite with their fiancée, spouse, or other family members. The success of a family visa application often hinges on the expertise and dedication of the immigration attorney.
At Hanlon Law Group, PC, we understand the significance of a successful family visa application. The process can be intricate and daunting, but our seasoned attorneys have a track record of navigating the challenges that can lead to denials.
For comprehensive guidance on family immigration options, contact our Los Angeles family immigration attorneys in Pasadena.
Family Immigration Visas or Adjustment of Status
When you partner with Hanlon Law Group, we manage the entire process. Our comprehensive services encompass collecting all required documents, ensuring accurate form preparation, timely application submission, and attorney representation at USCIS interviews.
The Family Immigration Process
The steps include:
- USCIS approval of your initial form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative as a sponsor for visa entry into the U.S. To be an approved sponsor, you must maintain a legal status in the U.S.
- The U.S. State Department assigns an immigrant visa number to your petition when available.
- Upon receiving a visa number, you can apply for lawful permanent resident status. If you’re outside the U.S., this process is completed at the U.S. Consulate serving your region.
If you wish to sponsor a family member to the U.S., you must:
- Prove your legal relationship with the visa applicant.
- Be a naturalized citizen or a legal resident of the U.S.
- Demonstrate your financial capability to support your relative.
Eligibility for Family Visas
Those eligible to apply for a family visa include:
- Fiancées (K-1) or spouses (K-3)
- Unmarried children under age 21
- Unmarried or married adult son or daughter
- Adult siblings
For more details about family visas and sponsoring a relative for legal U.S. immigration, call or contact us. Benefit from expert advice tailored to your situation in a free confidential consultation. We accept all major credit cards, and flexible payment plans may be available.