Visitor Visa Attorney in Los Angeles

U.S. Visa Application and U.S. Passport
U.S. Visa Application and U.S. Passport

If you wish to visit family or friends, travel or conduct business temporarily in the U.S., then you should apply for a visitor’s visa with your local U.S. embassy or consulate. The citizens of some countries may not require a visitor’s visa to travel to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program.

Contact Hanlon Law Group, P.C., to learn more about visitor visas and your eligibility for receiving one.

B-1 Visitor Visa for Business

B visas are issued to people from other countries who seek to enter the United States on a temporary basis for the purposes of business or pleasure. You should apply for the B-1 business visitor visa if you need to enter the U.S. temporarily to conduct business. This may include activities such as:

  • Negotiating and signing contracts
  • Consulting with business associates
  • Participating in a professional or business convention or conference on a specific date
  • Settling an estate

In order to be granted the business visitor’s visa, the applicant should have a letter from his or her employer as proof of employment. The letter should state the reason for the travel and the amount of time necessary to accomplish the purpose of the visit.

B-2 Visitor Visa for Pleasure

B-2 visas are issued to visitors who wish to travel to the U.S. to:

  • Visit family and friends
  • Travel or vacation
  • Receive medical treatment
  • Attend fraternal, social or service activities
  • Participate as an amateur music, sports or other performer (without compensation)

Applicant’s Burden of Proof

In order to receive a visitor’s visa, applicants must be able to prove to the consular officer:

  • The purpose of the trip, whether for pleasure or business
  • An intent to depart the United States at the expiration of status
  • The ability to pay for the trip and cover all expenses
  • Permanent residence in their home country

There are no forms or regulations that govern what an applicant needs to submit to the consular officer to establish these things. However, a letter from a business that states the purpose of your travel, letters from friends and relatives, a tour company itinerary or a letter from a doctor stating that you will receive medical treatment are helpful. In addition, an applicant also must show some kind of tie to his or her home country that would prompt return, such as a home, job or family obligations.

Visa Waiver Program

In some situations, foreign nationals coming to the United States for pleasure for less than 90 days may be able to enter the United States without a visa. Currently, 27 countries are qualified under the United States Visa Waiver Program. Those who enter the U.S. under this program are not allowed to change their nonimmigrant status, request an extension of their stay or contest deportability.

Speak to an Immigration Lawyer

If you have questions about obtaining a visitor visa, contact Hanlon Law Group, P.C. An experienced immigration attorney can explain the requirements to you and help you complete the application.




English ◦ Spanish ◦ Mandarin ◦ Cantonese ◦ Vietnamese ◦ Tagalog


Contact the Experienced Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers at Hanlon Law Group, P.C.

A trusted Los Angeles immigration attorney at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. is waiting to speak to you, find out more about your immigration needs and explain your options. Having handled countless professional visa applications for foreign professionals and U.S. employers, our lawyers have the experience and insight you can count on for exceptional service and representation.

Our experience, skills and dedication to our clients are backed by the following, which all of our clients can expect to receive:

Free & Confidential Initial Consultations

You don’t have to pay us anything to discover more about how we can help you and what you need to do to resolve your employment-based immigration needs.

Continuity of legal representation

One of our attorneys will oversee your case from start to finish. This can provide peace of mind that your case will not be passed off to a non-lawyer associate, or to someone who is not intimately familiar with your case.

State-Of-The-Art Case Management Technology

Our cutting-edge system facilitates the visa petition process, while providing clients with real-time case information about the status of their petition, PERM certifications, etc.

Personal Attention From Lawyers & Staff

We take pride in providing old-fashioned, personal service and promptly responding to our clients’ inquiries and immigration needs whenever they arise.

Flexible payment options

We accept all major credit cards. Payment plans may also be available.

Multilingual Immigration Services

We provide immigration services in various languages, including (but not necessarily limited to) Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog, and Fukienese.

Call (866) 227-5527 or email us via the contact form to learn more about our experience and services, as well as how we can help you.

Ready to talk?

Hanlon Law Group, P.C. is ready to help you with all your immigration & nationalization legal needs. Contact us now for the help you need & deserve.

Review Us On Google!

Google Reviews Logo

Connect With Us!