When individuals apply for visas, their applications undergo a thorough review, followed by interviews conducted by a consular officer at a U.S. embassy or consulate. Following this, the visa is either granted or denied by the consular officer in charge. In instances of denials:
- The precise reason for the visa denial is given, referencing the relevant section of U.S. immigration law.
- Applicants are informed about the possibility of applying for a waiver for their ineligibility.
According to the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), there are several specific reasons for visa denials, which include, but are not limited to:
- Improperly filled out visa application or missing necessary supporting documents (INA section 221(g)).
- Insufficient evidence of eligibility for the specific visa applied for (INA section 214(b)).
- Lack of adequate proof of financial support in the U.S. (INA section 212(a)(4)).
- Deceptive practices or fraud attempts to secure a visa (INA section 212(a)(6)(C)(i)).
- Past instances of overstaying beyond the authorized period in the U.S. (INA section 212(a)(9)(B)(i)).
- Convictions related to moral turpitude (INA section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(I)) or drug offenses (INA section 212(a)(2)(A)(i)(II)).
- Having at least two convictions with a cumulative jail time of 5 years or more (INA section 212(a)(2)(B)).
While some visa ineligibilities can be addressed, others are permanent. This means that certain applicants will never qualify for the visa they seek, regardless of their efforts.
To enhance your chances of visa approval or to seek assistance after a visa denial, consulting an experienced immigration attorney is crucial for a smooth visa acquisition process.
Los Angeles, California Immigration Attorney at Hanlon Law Group
At Hanlon Law Group, P.C., the Los Angeles immigration attorney boasts over 15 years of expertise in handling a diverse range of immigration cases. This includes straightforward immigration applications to intricate federal court litigations. The firm integrates cutting-edge technology to ensure efficient service delivery while emphasizing personalized client service. This ensures swift case progression and a reliable communication channel for all your queries.
Given the dynamic nature of U.S. immigration laws, it’s essential to have dedicated attorneys who are committed to staying updated with every legal change. By choosing Hanlon Law Group, clients benefit from the expertise of seasoned immigration professionals and a state-of-the-art case management system that ensures both efficiency and effectiveness.
Discover more about our citizenship, immigration, and deportation defense services by contacting our Los Angeles immigration attorney today. Reach out at (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612. From our Pasadena office, we cater to clients in Los Angeles, throughout California, and globally.
We offer complimentary, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert immigration law advice. Additionally, our multilingual services cater to various languages, including Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog, and Fukienese.