Los Angeles Sibling Visa Attorney

U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Logo & U.S. flag
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Logo & U.S. flag

While the term “Sibling” isn’t explicitly defined in United States immigration law, for a U.S. citizen’s brother or sister to immigrate using a sibling visa, evidence must be presented showing both individuals share at least one parent.

At Hanlon Law Group, P.C., the dedicated Los Angeles sibling visa attorney has represented individuals globally, assisting them in their immigration journey to the United States. If you’re considering filing a petition for a sibling, contact the Los Angeles sibling visa expert. Benefit from a free, confidential initial consultation to explore your immigration options without any obligations.

Reach out directly by calling (800) 976-5675 or emailing our firm for answers and expert advice.

Eligibility & Documentation for Bringing Siblings to the U.S.

To qualify to sponsor a sibling to the U.S., the petitioner must be a U.S. citizen aged 21 or older. If these criteria are met and there are no factors making the sibling inadmissible, a petition can be filed for the sibling to become a U.S. permanent resident (green card holder).

Essential documentation for a sibling visa includes:

  • A completed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative with all required supporting documents.
  • Proof of the sponsor’s U.S. citizenship.
  • Evidence confirming the sibling relationship, indicating the shared parentage between the sponsor and sibling.

For those in the process of filing or awaiting a sibling visa petition, you can check the processing waiting times here.

It’s crucial to understand that the sibling visa process can be intricate and lengthy. Engaging with an experienced sibling visa attorney can ensure accurate steps are taken, avoiding potential pitfalls and delays.

The attorney at Hanlon Law Group has a rich history of assisting clients and their siblings in achieving the desired immigration status, enabling them to live and work in the U.S.

Sibling Visas for Half-Siblings

Half-siblings might also qualify for sibling visas. However, additional documentation may be required to confirm these relationships. The expert at Hanlon Law Group can provide clarity on the necessary documents for such petitions.

It’s noteworthy that while U.S. citizens can sponsor half-siblings, adopted individuals cannot petition for their biological siblings due to the severance of biological ties post-adoption for immigration purposes.

Discover More Options for Sibling Immigration: Contact a Los Angeles Immigration Expert at Hanlon Law Group, P.C.

When you’re ready to explore options for aiding your sibling in securing an immigration status change, it’s time to consult a Los Angeles immigration expert at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. With over two decades of experience, our attorney is adept at guiding clients through the immigration maze.

This expertise is complemented by:

  • Our commitment to offering personalized, top-tier service to every client.
  • Our advanced case management system, allowing clients to monitor the progress and status of their petitions seamlessly.

Connect with us by calling (800) 976-5675 or sending an email to schedule a free, confidential initial consultation. We offer multilingual immigration services, including Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog, and Fukienese.

Serving Pasadena, we represent clients throughout Los Angeles, California, and globally.




English ◦ Spanish ◦ Mandarin ◦ Cantonese ◦ Vietnamese ◦ Tagalog


Contact the Experienced Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer at Hanlon Law Group, P.C.

The trusted Los Angeles immigration attorney at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. is waiting to speak to you, find out more about your immigration needs, and explain your options. Having handled countless professional visa applications for foreign professionals and U.S. employers, our lawyer has the experience and insight you can count on for exceptional service and representation.

Our experience, skills and dedication to our clients are backed by the following, which all of our clients can expect to receive:

Free & Confidential Initial Consultations

You don’t have to pay us anything to discover more about how we can help you and what you need to do to resolve your employment-based immigration needs.

Continuity of legal representation

The attorney at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. will oversee your case from start to finish. This can provide peace of mind that your case will not be passed off to a non-lawyer associate, or to someone who is not intimately familiar with your case.

State-Of-The-Art Case Management Technology

Our cutting-edge system facilitates the visa petition process, while providing clients with real-time case information about the status of their petition, PERM certifications, etc.

Personal Attention From Lawyers & Staff

We take pride in providing old-fashioned, personal service and promptly responding to our clients’ inquiries and immigration needs whenever they arise.

Flexible payment options

We accept all major credit cards. Payment plans may also be available.

Multilingual Immigration Services

We provide immigration services in various languages, including (but not necessarily limited to) Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog, and Fukienese.

Call (866) 227-5527 or email us via the contact form to learn more about our experience and services, as well as how we can help you.

Ready to talk?

Hanlon Law Group, P.C. is ready to help you with all your immigration & nationalization legal needs. Contact us now for the help you need & deserve.

Review Us On Google!

google reviews

Connect With Us!