Los Angeles K-3 Marriage Visa Attorneys
K-3 visas are nonimmigrant visas reserved for the spouses of U.S. citizens. Once a K-3 visa holder enters the United States, (s)he or she can proceed with the immigration process to apply for a green card/permanent resident status through adjustment of status.
The Los Angeles marriage visa lawyers at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. can handle every step of the K-3 visa process, carefully explaining the requirements and guiding you through the application process.
To discuss your specific circumstances and options with one of our Los Angeles marriage visa attorneys, call (800) 976-5675 or email our firm. Initial consultations are free and confidential.
Eligibility Requirements for K-3 Marriage Visas
In order to qualify for a K-3 spouse visa, a foreign national must be married to a U.S. citizen, and (s)he must have Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, pending with U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS). Form I-130 has to be completed and filed by the spouse who is a U.S. citizen.
Applying for a K-3 Marriage Visa
Applying for K-3 spouse visas starts by completing two different USCIS forms:
- Form I-130 – Once USCIS receives this form, it will send back Form I-797, Notice of Action, verifying that the form has been received.
- Form I-129, Petition for Alien Fiancé – Any children a foreign spouse plans on bringing with him or her to the U.S. must be listed on this form (and the children can come to the U.S. on K-4 visas, which involve their own application process).
Once these forms have been submitted, any number of things can happen, depending on the nature of your case and application. Some possibilities include USCIS:
- Requesting additional supporting documentation
- Requesting that the foreign spouse undergoes medical exams
- Scheduling interviews
- Granting a decision on the petition.
The Los Angeles visa lawyers at Hanlon Law Group are experienced at helping clients successfully navigate the K-3 visa application process. We can:
- Explain all the requirements for obtaining a K-3 spouse visa, including any medical exams that may be necessary
- Help you prepare for the interview process by obtaining all necessary paperwork
- Help you apply for employment authorization, as well as permanent resident status or a green card, once you obtain a K-3 visa.
K-3 Spouse Visas: More Important Information
- Term and extensions of K-3 visas – K-3 spouse visas are generally only issued for two years, after which they expire. Two-year extensions for K-3 visas are available as long as the I-130 marriage visa petition is still pending with USCIS.
- Automatic expirations for K-3 visas – Certain events can trigger an automatic expiration of K-3 visas within 30 days of their occurrence. Some of these events include:
- The dissolution of the marriage (via annulment or divorce)
- A USCIS denial of the I-130 marriage petition.
Contact a Los Angeles Immigration Lawyer at Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
For clear answers and helpful legal advice regarding K-3 spouse visas, contact a Los Angeles immigration lawyer at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. Our attorneys have dedicated more than two decades to helping clients resolve various types of immigration cases.
Committed to providing personal, high-quality immigration services, we also offer state-of-the art case management technology so our clients can easily check on the progress of their petition(s).
Call (800) 976-5675 or email our firm to schedule a free, confidential initial consultation with one of our lawyers. We provide immigration services in various languages, including Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.
From Pasadena, we serve clients throughout Los Angeles, the state of California and the world.
Contact the Experienced Los Angeles Immigration Lawyers at Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
A trusted Los Angeles immigration attorney at Hanlon Law Group, P.C. is waiting to speak to you, find out more about your immigration needs and explain your options. Having handled countless professional visa applications for foreign professionals and U.S. employers, our lawyers have the experience and insight you can count on for exceptional service and representation.
Our experience, skills and dedication to our clients are backed by the following, which all of our clients can expect to receive:
Call (866) 227-5527 or email us via the contact form to learn more about our experience and services, as well as how we can help you.