Picking up from where we left off in What to Show Your Lawyer When Applying for Citizenship (Pt. 1)¸ here we will continue our discussion of the important documents you should bring to your attorney when you want to initiate the process of obtaining U.S. citizenship.
Additional Documents to Show Your Immigration Attorney When Applying for Citizenship
Other documents that you are advised to bring with you when you consult with an immigration attorney may vary according to your specific circumstances, the reasons you are seeking citizenship, etc. For instance, any of the following documents can also be important to bring with you:
- Proof of your spouse’s U.S. citizenship and your marriage certificate if you are applying for citizenship based on having married a U.S. citizen (such documents may include your spouse’s birth certificate, passport, etc.) – You may also need to bring documentation affirming the official termination of a previous marriage (for you and/or your spouse).
- Form N-426, “Request for Certification of Military or Naval Service” if your request for naturalization is based on your service in a branch of the U.S. military.
Tips for Your Immigration Documents
Here are some additional tips to keep in mind when it comes to your important immigration documents:
- Keep all of these documents in a single, dry, safe place like, for instance, in a binder, a folder or a safe so you know exactly where they are at all times.
- Make copies of these documents in case you need to provide them to your lawyer to facilitate your case.
- Consider scanning these documents so you have an electronic copy of them (in case anything happens to your physical copies).
Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
At the Hanlon Law Group, P.C., our Los Angeles immigration attorneys have more than 15 years of experience successfully representing clients in various types of immigration cases, including those that involve the most basic immigration applications to those associated with extremely complicated federal court litigation.
Our firm offers state-of-the art technology to deliver these services efficiently while also providing each of our clients with old-fashioned personal service. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.
Let’s Meet and Talk about Your Immigration Case
To learn more about our citizenship, immigration and deportation defense services contact our Los Angeles immigration attorneys today by calling (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the screen. From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and from around the world.
We offer free, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert advice regarding their immigration law needs. Additionally, we are able to provide immigration legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.