Knowing what documents to show your immigration attorney when you are applying for citizenship can facilitate your case and reduce possible delays.
Being prepared and bringing these documents can help get your case started immediately and will reduce the chances that it will be tripped up by any unnecessary or frustrating delays.
Documents to Show Your Immigration Attorney: Applying for Citizenship
In addition to bringing two color photographs of yourself, you should also bring the following documents with you when you meet with an immigration attorney for help applying for U.S. citizenship:
- Your green card/permanent residence card
- Documents that indicate your current legal name or any name changes you have obtained (due to, for instance, marriage or divorce)
- A completed Form G-325B, “Biographic Information” (If you are unsure about how to fill this out, you can wait until you meet with your attorney to get answers and instructions regarding completing this form.)
- Documents that can establish your U.S. residency (such as a signed rental agreement or utilities bills in your name)
- Your tax returns for the past three to five years
- Any correspondence you have received from the IRS regarding your taxes, arranged tax payments, etc.
- IRS Tax Form 1722.
Be sure to check out the upcoming second part of this blog for our continued discussion regarding the important documents to bring to your immigration attorney when you are pursuing U.S. citizenship.
Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
At the Hanlon Law Group, P.C., our Los Angeles immigration attorneys have more than 15 years of experience successfully representing clients in various types of immigration cases, including those that involve the most basic immigration applications to those associated with extremely complicated federal court litigation.
Our firm offers state-of-the art technology to deliver these services efficiently while also providing each of our clients with old-fashioned personal service. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.
To learn more about our citizenship, immigration and deportation defense services contact our Los Angeles immigration attorneys today by calling (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the screen. From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and from around the world.
We offer free, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert advice regarding their immigration law needs. Additionally, we are able to provide immigration legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.