Here’s a closer look at the potential impacts of the immigration executive action on California. Contact the Hanlon Law Group for experienced help with any immigration need or issue.
According to the latest projections from the White House, the immigration executive action could end up meaning the following for California and its residents:
- A stronger state economy, as there is a more than $11.5 billion expected increase in the state’s GDP (gross domestic product) over the next decade or so
- Higher wages for some workers, as the average wage for U.S.-born workers is expected to increase by about $170 annually for certain California workers (as well as certain workers in other states)
- Increased productivity, as about 1.5 million more people in California are projected to be paying California state taxes.
In turn, this could end up meaning that the immigration executive action may also be pivotal in doing the following in California:
- Increasing the available revenue for the California state budget
- Increasing the state GDP to more than $27 billion over the next decade
- Increasing the state’s investment in critical community infrastructures, including roads, schools, govt. agencies, etc.
As the White House’s website notes in explaining the potential impacts of the immigration executive action on California, as well as other states and the nation as a whole:
These actions not only live up to our heritage as a nation but are essential to building on our hopes for a brighter future. In fact, the President’s steps will allow people to contribute more fully to their communities and spark an economic boost for every single state.
Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
Do you need help with any immigration issues? If so, you can turn to the Los Angeles immigration attorneys at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C. For more than 15 years, our lawyers have been successfully representing clients in various types of immigration cases, including those that involve the most basic immigration applications to those associated with extremely complicated federal court litigation.
Our firm offers state-of-the art technology to deliver these services efficiently while also providing each of our clients with old-fashioned personal service. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.
To learn more about our citizenship, immigration and deportation defense services contact us today by calling (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the screen. From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and from around the world.
We offer free, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert advice regarding their immigration law needs. Additionally, we are able to provide immigration legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.