Concluding our three-part blog series Immigration Medical Exams: Here’s What You Should Know, below, we will wrap up our discussion regarding immigration medical exams.
The Results of Immigration Medical Exams: Inadmissibility Determinations
After people seeking an adjustment of their immigration status undergo immigration medical exams, it will then be time for USCIS officials to review the results of these exams to finally determine if there may (or may not) be grounds for inadmissibility into the U.S.
In particular, this process will involve USCIS officials:
- Carefully examining the details of the immigration medical exams and any statements applicants have made regarding their physical and/or mental health
- Determining whether a Class A medical condition exists, as the presence of Class A conditions will be grounds for inadmissibility
- Determining whether there may be any other information in immigration medical exams that could render applicants inadmissible into the U.S. (due to, for instance, grounds related to a public charge or a criminal record).
Here, it’s also important to point out that:
- USCIS officers are required to take the utmost care in preserving applicants’ confidential medical information when reviewing and making determinations regarding immigration medical exams.
- The results and determinations associated with immigration medical exams should never be discussed with people other than the applicants themselves, the attorneys representing these applicants and other USCIS officers who absolutely need this information to process an immigration case.
- USCIS officers are NOT authorized to directly contact the physicians or civil surgeons who have performed immigration medical exams. Instead, if there are questions or issues related to immigration medical exams, USCIS officers should issue a Request for Evidence (RFE).
Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
At the Hanlon Law Group, P.C., our Los Angeles immigration attorneys have more than 15 years of experience successfully representing clients in various types of immigration cases, including those that involve the most basic immigration applications to those associated with extremely complicated federal court litigation.
Our firm offers state-of-the art technology to deliver these services efficiently while also providing each of our clients with old-fashioned personal service. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about our citizenship, immigration and deportation defense services contact our Los Angeles immigration attorneys today by calling (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the screen. From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and from around the world.
We offer free, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert advice regarding their immigration law needs. Additionally, we are able to provide immigration legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.