Here is the conclusion to our three-part blog Immigration FAQs for Military Members and Their Families.

While these immigration FAQs for military members are informative, you can receive answers to all of your questions by calling the Hanlon Law Group today.

While these immigration FAQs for military members are informative, you can receive answers to all of your questions by calling the Hanlon Law Group today.

Q: How should I notify USCIS of an impending deployment?

A: If you’re working with USCIS to obtain citizenship for yourself or a member of your family, you can notify USCIS of any impending deployment for which you may have received orders by:

  • Adding a coversheet to your naturalization application and writing in bold “I have an upcoming deployment” on this coversheet
  • Calling 1 (877) 247-4645 if you’ve already submitted your application and need to inform USCIS about your upcoming deployment.

Q: I’m a military member, and I’ve been requested to submit biometrics as part of my naturalization application. Do I need to make an appointment?

A: No, you can walk in to any USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) to submit your biometrics as part of your naturalization application. Make sure that, when you visit your nearest ASC office, you bring your military ID card or your DEP ID card.

Here, it’s also important to point out that:

  • You can submit your fingerprints with an USCIS ASC office even if you haven’t yet submitted your Form N-400.
  • If you are unable to visit an ASC office for some reason, USCIS regularly travels to U.S. military installments throughout the nation to collect biometrics with a mobile fingerprint unit. You can request this unit to be dispatched to your location by calling 1 (877) 247-4645.

Q: Can I get my application expedited?

A: Maybe. USCIS carefully reviews all requests for expediting applications and may grant such requests when there are emergency situations, humanitarian issues at stake and/or critical elements of an impending deployment.

The Bottom Line

The bottom line is that there may be more issues that arise when military members and their families seek naturalization. However, working with a Los Angeles immigration attorney at the Hanlon Law Group can minimize the potential obstacles and expenses these applicants may face.

Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C.

At the Hanlon Law Group, P.C., our Los Angeles immigration attorneys have more than 15 years of experience successfully representing clients in various types of immigration cases, including those that involve the most basic immigration applications to those associated with extremely complicated federal court litigation. Our firm offers state-of-the art technology to deliver these services efficiently while also providing each of our clients with old-fashioned personal service. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.

Contact Us

To learn more about our citizenship, immigration and deportation defense services contact our Los Angeles immigration attorneys today by calling (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the screen. From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and from around the world.

We offer free, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert advice regarding their immigration law needs. Additionally, we are able to provide immigration legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.