If you are preparing to take the test for U.S. citizenship, it’s a good idea to study and prepare yourself ahead of time so you have the best chances of passing and officially becoming an American citizen.
Here and in two upcoming parts of this blog, we will list some of the more common questions that appear on this test, along with the answers to these questions. If you need help with any immigration matters for you or a loved one, the trusted Los Angeles immigration lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group are ready to talk to you and help you resolve your issues as expeditiously as possible.
Questions about the U.S. Government
- Who is currently the President of the U.S.? – Barack Obama
- What are the two primary political parties in the U.S.? – The democrats and the republicans
- When (what month) do people vote for the President? – In November
- How often is a new president voted for? – Every four (4) years
- What age do people have to be before they are allowed to vote in the U.S.? – 18 years old
- What is the White House and where is it located? – The White House is home to the U.S. President, and it is located in Washington D.C.
- What are the three entities (branches) of the U.S. government? – The Executive Branch, the Legislative Branch and the Judicial Branch
- What branch of the U.S. government is responsible for making laws? – The Legislative Branch
- What is Congress? – A body of the Legislative Branch that includes the Senate and the House of Representatives.
Stay posted for the second and third parts of this blog for some more questions that commonly appear on U.S. citizenship tests.
Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
At the Hanlon Law Group, P.C., our Los Angeles immigration attorneys have more than 15 years of experience successfully representing clients in various types of immigration cases, including those that involve the most basic immigration applications to those associated with extremely complicated federal court litigation. Our firm offers state-of-the art technology to deliver these services efficiently while also providing each of our clients with old-fashioned personal service. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.
To learn more about our citizenship, immigration and deportation defense services contact our Los Angeles immigration attorneys today by calling (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the screen. From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and from around the world.
We offer free, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert advice regarding their immigration law needs. Additionally, we are able to provide immigration legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.