Wrapping up our blog series How to Avoid Immigration Scams: Top Tips from USCIS, below, we will point out some final important tips to remember in order to help you not get tricked or conned by immigration scams.
How to Avoid Immigration Scams: Tips for After Filing Immigration Forms
Once you’ve submitted your immigration application to USCIS for processing, here are a few more tips that can help you avoid immigration scams:
- USCIS will always mail you a receipt once your immigration application has been received. Always keep these receipts for your records.
- If you are wondering about the status of your immigration application, use the tracking number on your USCIS receipt to look up your case.
- Should you have questions about your immigration application and case as it is being processed, you can schedule a free appointment (an Infopass appointment) to talk to a USCIS agent about your case.
How to Avoid Immigration Scams: Tips for Working with an Immigration Lawyer
- Before paying an immigration attorney, be sure to check that person’s professional record with the state bar association. This will let you know if:
- The attorney is, in fact, licensed to handle immigration legal cases in your state.
- The attorney may have censures or other issues on his record that may make him a questionable choice for handling your important immigration matters.
- If you are working a non-attorney professional, you can check this person’s record and qualifications by consulting the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA).
- Getting a second opinion about your immigration case and your options for proceeding can be very insightful and can help you avoid immigration scams.
Los Angeles, California Immigration Lawyers at the Hanlon Law Group, P.C.
At the Hanlon Law Group, P.C., our Los Angeles immigration attorneys have more than 15 years of experience successfully representing clients in various types of immigration cases, including those that involve the most basic immigration applications to those associated with extremely complicated federal court litigation. Our firm offers state-of-the art technology to deliver these services efficiently while also providing each of our clients with old-fashioned personal service. That means you can count on your case progressing as quickly as possible while feeling confident that your Hanlon Law Group lawyer will answer your questions quickly, clearly and honestly.
To learn more about our citizenship, immigration and deportation defense services contact us today by calling (626) 765-4641 or (866) 489-7612 or by emailing us using the form at the upper right-hand side of the screen. From our office in Pasadena, we serve clients throughout the Los Angeles area, across the state of California and from around the world.
We offer free, confidential initial consultations to provide potential clients with expert advice regarding their immigration law needs. Additionally, we are able to provide immigration legal services in various languages, including in Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa Indonesian, Tagalog and Fukienese.