Daniel P. Hanlon Esq.
Daniel P. Hanlon is a California State Bar certified specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law, who has been practicing immigration law exclusively since his admission in 1993. Mr. Hanlon is a founding partner of Hanlon Law Group, P.C. He has argued many important immigration appeals before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and successfully challenged INS rulings in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Mr. Hanlon’s experience spans 20 years, and covers a broad range of immigrant and nonimmigrant visa petitions, including those for working professionals, multi-national managers, treaty-traders, investors, athletes and entertainers. Mr. Hanlon also has vast experience in all family-based Petitions, Naturalization applications and PERM labor certification applications.
Over the past several years, Mr. Hanlon has tried hundreds of cases in Immigration Court involving Requests for Asylum in the United States, Cancellation of Removal, and Waivers of Grounds of Removability. In addition, Mr. Hanlon frequently litigates complex immigration issues before the US District Courts and on appeals and Petitions for Review before the US Circuit Courts of Appeals.
Mr. Hanlon graduated “With Distinction” from the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in April 1988, with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English. In May 1993, Mr. Hanlon graduated from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles. He is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, of which he sits on the Investors Committee. Mr. Hanlon has also appeared as a speaker before the Los Angeles County Bar Association, Immigration Section, on the 1996 immigration law amendments.
Areas of Practice
- 20% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Specialist in Immigration & Nationality Law, California State Bar
- California, 1993
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. – 1993
- Honors: In Top Quarter of Class
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. – 1988
- Honors: With Distinction
- Major: English
- GMTO Corp
- “Should I Stay or Should I Go? Unlawful Presence Seminar”, LACBA, 1999
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Super Lawyers 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2016
- Southern California Rising Stars 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member, 1995 – Present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Immigration Section, 1995 – Present
- AILA National Investors Committee, 1998 – Present
- Mandarin Chinese
- Cantonese Chinese